Thanks to my recent purchase of the previously mentioned map measurer, I’ve spent this afternoon finally plotting out my exact route. I’m walking along the South Downs, Monarch and Royal Milary Canal Trails to name but a few.
So my plan is:
- Canterbury to Rye (about 35miles / 56km)
- Rye to Rodmell (about 37 miles / 60 km)
- Rodmell to Bury (about 32 miles / 50 km)
- Bury to Portsmouth (about 35miles / 55 km)
- Portsmouth to Fishbourne by ferry, then on to Cowes via Newport (9.6 miles / 15 km)
The total is just under 240km or 150 miles. Rodmell is very close to Southease station, and Bury is close to Amberley station (and I suspect that there may be rail links to Portsmouth!) which should any of you kind folks still wish to join me should make it easier.
I’m avoiding the main towns as far as possible (such as Brighton) as I think the countryside will be a much nicer walk.
Next steps: compile a shopping list and start contacting local B&Bs at the stops above.
I’ve also now set up a fundraising page: https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/liannerambleson